Birch Plywood: Hardwood Plywood in St. Louis
At St. Charles Hardwoods, we carry a variety of types and sizes of Birch plywood from Murphy Plywood Corporation, and we keep a complete selection of this Birch plywood in stock at our St. Louis lumber store at all times in order to meet our customer’s specific needs. Birch plywood is commonly used for home improvement projects, cabinet construction, and toy manufacturing because it is a durable and affordable hardwood plywood choice. Whether you need a single sheet or multiple sheets of Birch plywood for your upcoming project, we can help.
Visit our St. Louis hardwood lumber store today to pick up your Birch plywood or contact us to find out about the complete selection of hardwood plywood that we stock at our St. Louis stores.
Our Selection of Birch Plywood
We stock Birch plywood in a complete variety of sizes and styles in order to meet any customer’s needs for an upcoming project. We maintain a stock of at least 30 to 50 sheets of Birch plywood in stock at all times in order to have just what our customers need when they need it.
Our selection of Birch plywood that we stock includes:
- 1/8" x 4' x 8' MDF, B-4
- 1/4" x 4' x 8' MDF, Natural, B-4
- 1/4" x 4' x 8' MDF, White, B-4
- 1/4" x 4' x 8' MDF, White, B-2
- 1/4" x 4' x 10' MDF, Natural, B-4
- 1/4” x 4’ x 8’ Import VC C3
- 1/2" x 4' x 8' VC, B-2
- 3/4" x 4' x 8' VC, Natural B-2
- 3/4" x 4' x 10' VC, Natural, A-2
- 3/4" x 4' x 8' VC, B-2, White Birch
Baltic Birch Plywood
- 1/8” x 5 x 5 BB
- 1/4” x 5 x 5 BB
- 3/8” x 5 x 5 BB
- 1/2” x 5 x 5 BB
- 5/8” x 5 x 5 BB
- 3/4” x 5 x 5 BB
Advantages of Birch Plywood
Birch plywood is one of the most popular types of hardwood plywood used in the United States. It is commonly used for home improvement projects, cabinets, desk and shelf construction, children’s toys, and sports or musical equipment. Birch plywood is typically characterized by great strength, rigidity, and durability, which makes it popular for a variety of applications. This wood does not have an intricate grain pattern, so it may be considered a plain wood. However, because Birch plywood has a nice smooth and pale finish, it can add a touch of elegance to any finished product.
The main advantages of using Birch plywood include:
- Aesthetic Appeal: Many find that Birch plywood is the perfect choice for home furnishings because it has a nice, rich sheen, and it gives the final product an elegant finish. Additionally, Birch plywood allows some versatility when finishing the product because it can be left untreated or stained for a richer color. It can also be smoothed over if desired.
- Strength: Birch plywood is commonly known for its durability. The process of forming this plywood reinforces the strength of the original piece of wood as three or more layers of Birch are combined together to make a single sheet of plywood. This results in a durable and high strength material that can be used for a variety of applications.
- Low Price: Birch plywood is an affordable hardwood plywood that is often found at cost-effective prices. It is typically more affordable than many other hardwood plywood options while still offering an appealing look, which makes it popular for many types of projects.
- Safety: Birch plywood typically does not have many knots or jagged edges. Additionally, because it is not known to splinter or crack, it is a safe choice for cabinets, furniture, and child-friendly construction.
- Little Environmental Impact: Birch trees are an abundant and fast growing species, which means that there is less destruction or disruption of biodiversity when birch is felled. Therefore, Birch plywood has less of a negative environmental impact than some other types of hardwood plywood.
Buy Birch Plywood in St. Louis
To learn more about Birch plywood or to buy the plywood you need for your project, please contact us or come in to one of our St. Louis hardwood lumber stores today.