- Decorative Wood Carvings
- Hardwood Flooring
- Wood Decking
- Hardwood Plywood
- Imported Plywood
- Brass Bar Railing
- Marine Plywood
- Wainscoting Panels
- Stair Parts
- Interior Doors
- Wood Veneers
- Wood Turning Blanks
- Table Saws
- Wood Lathes
Unfinished Hardwood Flooring in St. Louis
Unfinished hardwood flooring is hardwood flooring that requires sanding and finishing on site after the installation is complete. Unfinished hardwood flooring is a popular choice because it is easy to install and allows for customization including using borders and other decorative elements as well as a variety of stains and finishes.
At St. Charles Hardwoods in St. Louis, we carry a complete selection of unfinished hardwood flooring in stock in our St. Louis stores. This includes many popular varieties of custom hardwood flooring including Red Oak, White Oak, Cherry, Hard Maple, Hickory, and Ash flooring.
To learn more about our selection of unfinished hardwood flooring available in St. Louis, or to purchase the hardwood flooring to meet your needs, please contact our hardwood lumber company or visit one of our St. Louis stores.
Our Unfinished Hardwood Flooring Selection
We carry a complete selection of hardwood flooring in stock in our St. Louis stores. This includes a variety of species of wood in multiple sizes and grades. All of our unfinished hardwood flooring is solid wood cut in three-quarters inch widths. It is ready to be installed, sanded and stained at your home or worksite.
Our unfinished hardwood flooring that we carry in stock and sell at affordable prices includes:
- Red Oak Unfinished Hardwood Flooring in 2 ¼”, & 3 ¼” Widths
- White Oak Unfinished Hardwood Flooring in 2 ¼” Widths
- Cherry Unfinished Hardwood Flooring in 2 ¼” Widths
- Hard Maple Unfinished Hardwood Flooring in 3 ¼” Widths
- Hickory Unfinished Hardwood Flooring in 2 ¼” & 3 ¼” Widths
- Ash Unfinished Hardwood Flooring in 2 ¼” & 3 ¼” Widths
- Red Oak Truck Flooring
- Fir Flooring for use on Porches
Unfinished Hardwood Flooring Grades
Unfinished Hardwood Flooring is available in three main grades. Each grade describes the quality and color variation that is found in the flooring. Natural grade or third grade flooring will provide the most rustic and natural look while clear or first grade flooring has the least variation.
The look and style that you are hoping to achieve can help you to select the type of unfinished hardwood flooring that you prefer.
The most common grades for unfinished hardwood flooring include:
- Clear / 1st Grade Flooring: This is the cleanest grade of hardwood flooring. This unfinished hardwood flooring has the least amount of color variation and no knots.
- Select & Better / 2nd Grade Flooring: This grade is used for unfinished hardwood flooring that contains more color variations and may contain some small pin knots. This wood is preferred by some because it offers a unique custom wood look and it provides beautiful and subtle color variations.
- Natural / 3rd Grade Flooring: This type of unfinished hardwood flooring is also referred to as #1 Common or #2 Common flooring. It describes wood flooring that has a full range of color including mineral streaks, sticker stain, and solid knots of varying sizes. This type of flooring will create a rustic and natural look that allows the beauty of the wood to shine through.
Buy Unfinished Hardwood Flooring in St. Louis
If you would like to learn more about any of the types of unfinished hardwood flooring that we have available in stock in our St. Louis hardwood lumber stores, please contact us. You can also stop by one of our stores to see our complete hardwood flooring, wood, and lumber selection.