- Decorative Wood Carvings
- Hardwood Flooring
- Wood Decking
- Hardwood Plywood
- Imported Plywood
- Brass Bar Railing
- Marine Plywood
- Wainscoting Panels
- Stair Parts
- Interior Doors
- Wood Veneers
- Butcher Block Countertops
- Hand Hewn Beams
- Picture Frames
- Wood Turning Blanks
- Table Saws
- Wood Lathes
Wood Appliqués: Common Uses & Applications for Decorative Wood Appliqués
Wood appliqués can add style and design to any piece of furniture or built-in decorative element within a home. They can be installed easily to nearly any wood surface to provide a rich texture and custom look.
Wood appliqués are available in a variety of types of wood and many different styles and sizes in order to fit any style or décor. They can create a custom look for your kitchen cabinets or update a basic piece of furniture.
At St. Charles Hardwoods in St. Louis, we carry a wide selection of wood appliqués and overlays in both solid wood and pressed wood. These wood appliqués are available in stock at our St. Louis hardwood lumber stores. You can view our complete selection of wood onlays and appliqués that we have available here online or by stopping by one of our stores today.
Uses for Wood Appliqués
Wood appliqués can be applied to nearly any wood surface in order to add elegance, design, style, texture, and detail to an otherwise plain surface. They can also be used in combination with other decorative carvings including a variety of wood corbels and wood brackets in order to create a customized and elegant look. These can be used to add detail to cabinets throughout the kitchen or bathroom as well as on other built-in elements throughout the home.
Some of the most common uses for wood appliqués include:
- In the Kitchen: Wood appliqués are commonly used to decorate kitchen cabinets, range hoods, desks, bar areas, and other custom woodwork.
- In the Bathroom: Wood appliqués and onlays can be added around cabinets, built-in shelving, mirrors, and other decorative woodwork when creating an elegant bathroom.
- In the Bedroom: Wood appliqués can be used on custom bedroom furniture, beds, nightstands, dressers, armoires, and built-in shelving.
- Throughout the Living Spaces: Wood appliqués are often applied throughout the entire home over doorways, on built-in bookshelves, on fireplaces, and to create custom furniture including cabinets, shelving, and tables.
Buy Wood Appliqués in St. Louis
At both of our St. Louis area stores, we carry a wide selection of wood appliqués in stock in a variety of styles and sizes. This includes popular styles such as shell, acanthus leaf, and fleur de lis style appliqués and onlays. With this broad selection of wood appliqués available in stock in our St. Louis stores, you are sure to find just the styles and designs that you are looking for to complete your projects.
In addition to carrying a complete selection of wood appliqués, we also stock a variety of other types of decorative carvings including wood corbels and brackets that are perfect for use during any number of types of projects.
Therefore, we have the hardwood and lumber supplies needed for all types of wood workers including contractors, professional carpenters, and “do-it-yourself” woodworking enthusiasts. If you would like to shop our complete selection of wood appliqués and other carvings, please come into one of our St. Louis hardwood lumber stores today.